Friday, July 30, 2010

We let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know.


I'm interested in starting over. 

I'm interested in leaving this place where I'm bored and "patient."

I'm interested in actually trying new things and finding something I can be passionate about pursuing.

For so long I've been afraid of making wrong decisions and I have struggled with waiting for God's timing and not my own.

But you know what?

After a while, a sister gets trapped.  And this place that you have called "patience" is really just a box you've put yourself in so that you can hide yourself from everything.  I can't help but wonder if all this time, God's been waiting for me to move -- and here I sit, just patiently waiting.



Step 1: Be liberated of my hair.

I've been wanting to cut my hair short for a really long time now. So I finally did it.

I'm going to start doing things because I want to. I refuse to let fear and failure tell me what I can and cannot do.

Take that, life.

9 comments:

kayjsmith said...

glad you did something for you...so what's step 2?

Jennifer said...

...not sure yet. Probably something better than cutting my hair. Cutting my hair doesn't really count since I cut it crazy all the time. Maybe I'll write something and submit it somewhere. Or maybe I'll pick up a sweet hobby like guitar playin or rollerskatin! :P

Nanners said...

Jenn!! I think you should start rollerskatin'! That would be AMAZING!

kayjsmith said...

humm...seeing you rollerskate would be funny if its anything like us iceskating lol

Jennifer said...

Haha, Ana - I haven't been a professional rollerskater since I was SEVEN!

And Kayla, anytime I think about Iceskating, I definitely think of us. We were AWESOME.

kayjsmith said...

ha-ha i think of geoff and tara and the whole gang going...us making our wonderful "O's" in the ice...oh man those were the good times...oh next june im going to see ms amber cross im actually in her wedding...you should go lol

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness...Geoff and Tara! hahahaha. I remember making those photobooth stickers with you. And how in love we were with "Soccer Boy." Oh man. Seriously had the best times with you guys!!!

Amber is getting married?! I haven't talked to her in FOREVER. Where is the wedding???

kayjsmith said...

yes those were the best times...yes she is getting marriend and i have no details lol guess i need to talk to her haha

Oliver said...

I was thinkin of shaving off my justin bieber-esque hair! it's
this debate of "oh, is this OK for work?!" and "what will people think?!" stopping me.